Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Weigh-In Wednesday - 1.28.14

I won't make you wait for the number today.  
Stepping on the scale this morning I was very happy to see:

188.6

Very happy indeed.

I did nothing really different this past week except on Friday I ate nothing... I don't really thing that's what put me under 190, and it certainly wasn't by choice.  #effyoutummybug

Here's what is working for me: 


1. Chipotle.  This is my go-to lunch, just ask my co-workers :)  I love the chicken burrito bowl and I really love the fact that I know exactly how many calories it is and it fills me up for a long time.  I thought I would be getting sick of Chipotle by now, but so far sooooo good!

2. MyFitnessPal.  One of the main reasons I've been so good at tracking is the fact that the app shows your "streak" -- how many days in a row you have tracked your calories.  And because I'm a perfectionist, I like to make sure I track (at least something) each day so that number doesn't go back down to 0.  Right now my streak is 149 days!!

3.  Pinterest.  I love how easy it is to get motivation and information on the Internet.  I have a board called Motivation & Mindset that helps me stay focused on my end game.  I like to pin inspirational quotes and facts, but I also like seeing other people's before & after photos and stories.  Sometimes I forget to check that board, but whenever I do look at it (and my exercise board Operation Scarlett Johansson) I am reminded of what I'm working towards and my resolve to change is strengthened!


(Source)
4. My Jeans.  I told you all how I bought two pairs of size 12 jeans a couple weeks ago.  I wore a pair yesterday and it just felt so great.  Not necessarily the size, but just knowing that I'm making progress.  I felt the same way a couple months ago when I bought my 14s.  So excited to need smaller pants! :)  It just makes you want to keep going and going.  I am still very nervous about trying shorts on in the coming months, but one of my goals was to wear shorts this summer, so it's going to happen.  

5. Friends & Family.  I think it's really important to let people know when you decide to make a change like this.  I used to think, "let me keep it a secret and then they'll all be blown away when I drop 50 pounds".  But then I never dropped 50 lbs and no one was blown away.  HOWEVER, this time around did all but shout it from the rooftops.  I told everyone my goal and the support has been so helpful & awesome.  My co-workers understand and don't give me a hard time for eating at my desk when they are going to Five Guys (and they've stopped bringing me their extra fries, which they would still be doing if I didn't tell them about my weight-loss goals).   It feels really good when someone notices that you've lost weight and to know they are rooting for you.  So here's a big SHOUT OUT to all my friends and family who have been so supportive -- and who I know will continue to be!! :) --  I couldn't have made it to 30+ pounds down without you all.  Here's to 20 or 30 more!!


And now it's lunchtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment