Monday, January 5, 2015

Weekend Recap and Trying to Instagram More

Well hello there, mister blog (or is my blog a woman? idk) it's been a while.  One of my goals for 2015 (and I'll share the rest of the list tomorrow) is to blog more.  To document more.  I have also been trying to post on Instagram more, and take more pictures in general.  I think the focus word here is MORE.  2015 is the year of being in the moment and paying attention and making family memories...more.

This year we will have a 5 year old and a 2 year old (my heart rate just went up typing this); we will have a performance -- Emily's first ever dance recital is in May -- and we will go to Kindergarten (again, high blood pressure and I kinda want to barf).  

A lot of things are going to happen this year -- bring it on PTA and two year molars!! --  and I plan to share (at least most of) it all right here!

I'd like to recap Christmas and New Years and what we've been doing since the last time I bothered to write a blog post, but I don't want to live in the past (read: I'm too freakin' lazy for that).  Let's just say our Christmas was awesome, our New Years Eve was uneventful (just the way I like it) and we are all happy and healthy and looking forward to 2015.  Ok? OK!


So here's a recap of this past weekend's randomness. 

On Friday, Jerry did some side work with his brother, so the girls and I just hung out and watched all the television.... we played with some new toys as well.

This happened -- Caroline got a new PBKids chair...
Emily's not sure what to do with her legs.


The fabulous and oh-so-serious Emily.  Why does this picture remind me of Mata Hari?
Emily Hari and princess-doctor Caroline :)

Those eyes!

And then this... all day every day.

Dance Party..

Then Saturday, Jerry took Emily out with him for a few hours so Caroline and I took a longgggg winters nap :)  Saturday night, I had some grown up time and attended a ...ahem... Pure Romance party.  It was fun ;)

After the party, I got to meet this little sweetheart for the first time and I may have hogged her...

Sweet Rosalee <3

Sunday I took Emily with me shopping so that Jerry could take a nap build a cube organizer for toys.  
LLLLLLLOOOOVVVEEEEE Chipotle.


Jerry got a bunch of stuff done, and I spent the day wishing threatening and making deals with a 4 year old.  All in the same day, I was "the worst mother in the world" and "the best mommy I ever had"... whatever, I'll call that a win.

Monday morning hit me hard.  I remembered to turn my alarms on, but I forgot to pay attention to them... so of course I was running around crazy and hurrying the girls.  I can't wait to get home tonight and snuggle them and play.  That is, after Caroline's 18 month well check up!!  Yay for shots.......

Tomorrow I'll be participating in Momfessionals' first ever Show & Tell Tuesday link up series.  I'll be sharing my goals for 2015.  I try not to make resolutions -- sounds too final :)  The word "goal" sounds much more doable for me.  

Back to life...back to reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment