Friday, November 7, 2014

Friday Favorites - 11.7.14

It's been a while since I've done one of these... 


ONE
I'm all of a sudden obsessed with the opening theme song from the TV adaptation of Outlander (I think I may have discussed my love for Outlander once or twice before...).  So I looked it up and it's called The Skye Boat Song.  And I love it.  I bought it on iTunes and I'm currently learning every word so I can sing it as a lullaby to my girls :) so pretty!  Apparently the guy who does the music for the show, Bear McCreary altered the lyrics of the original song, but I kinda like his version better - click HERE to hear it.

TWO
I'm loving my Erin Condren Life Planner.  There is a lot of negative stuff going around social media about the company, and the owner herself (there are several Facebook fan pages/groups for not only Erin Condren stuff, but all different types of planners -- I may or may not belong to three of them).  Some people don't like the way her customer service works, some people don't like the new design fees they're imposing, and some people just don't like her hair.  Regardless of all the drama nonsense about her as a person, I am LOVING the product.  Yes it's expensive and after 2015 I might choose a different planner, but right now, this little beauty is making me happy.  I feel more organized...as if that were possible!  I do realize I've just gone on and on about spiral bound paper, but it's a favorite right now and this is my blog so there.  If you want to check out the ECLP and want a $10 off your first order code, leave me a comment or email me.  I won't post the link again, I know it's annoying.

SOOOO pretty :)
THREE
MyFitnessPal & RunKeeper apps.  
So I've lost about 20 lbs since the beginning of September, and I highly doubt I could have done it without these apps.  MyFitnessPal keeps track of my daily calories and other nutritional information and really helps as far as budgeting my calories.  RunKeeper is really WalkKeeper for me (I will never be a runner and I'm ok with that).  I like that all I have to do is click a button when I start my walk and at the end it calculates how fast and how far I went, and the calories I burned (which I don't put too much stock in because I know that's not always accurate); but even better, the apps sync together and MyFitnessPal instantly sees the number of calories burned and puts it in my exercise log.  Love it.  So glad I finally decided to just do this -- it hasn't been ALL that hard, but it's definitely not easy.  These apps make it so much better than if I just tried to count all of it myself.  Now to start some strength training so I don't have a bunch of loose skin everywhere...gross.

{Source}


FOUR
The holidays.
I know.  I KNOW!  But it IS November... I'm actually really excited about the holidays again this year.  The girls are both at really fun ages and I think this year is going to be the best Christmas yet.  I'm looking forward to decorating... and I've almost finished shopping (at this point last year I don't even think I had a list written).  I am a little nervous about the food... last year we baked a lot and I made fudge and other sweet treats (and ate more than my fair share of it all).  I'm optimistic that I can hold off and enjoy moderately...still bake and make but give it away instead of stuffing my face.  Fingers crossed!!

Could have totally done without seeing this... damn you Pinterest!


FIVE
Jamberry.
I know I'm late to the game with this one, but I ordered some from a friend's party a couple weeks ago and fell fast and hard (that's what she said?).  Anyway, I love that they are pretty easy to put on -- I'm still getting the hang of it, but it's not anywhere NEAR as hard as I thought (which I think was why I waited so long to try them).  I like that if one of my fingernails is broken, this will cover it and kind of seal it up so it doesn't snag on anything -- nail polish can't do that!  I also like that they have kids' size wraps -- I have a couple for Emily on their way as we speak :)

CUTE!
Don't worry, I'm not signing up to sell Jamberry.. but I will recommend a consultant if you're local to me :)



So there you have it.  I'm really disappointed that I don't have any new photos of the girls to share.  For shame!

I'm linking up with TWO parties today: 

Momfessionals

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG 

So check them out!  Happy Friday everyone!!!

Goodbye.



Also, I'm not getting paid to talk about any of these things above...  I just like 'em :)

No comments:

Post a Comment