Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Show & Tell Tuesday: 2015 Goals and Resolutions

Good Tuesday, folks!  The best part about this day is it's NOT Monday.  

Source


However, it started snowing last night (or early this morning) and hasn't stopped yet.  I'm not a huge fan of snow, but I hate it even more when I have to drive in it.  Our county make the stellar decision to NOT salt the roads at all, and our neighborhood never gets plowed unless some good samaritan comes by with a plow on their pickup and helps us out.  

Source


So I took my time getting ready this morning (I have the best job/boss ever and can be pretty flexible) and it took me a good hour to get to work once I finally did leave.  It's not even THAT much snow, but because they didn't prep at all, the roads were terrible and there were buses stuck on roads and ditches everywhere.  Schools had NO delay this morning... just business as usual with crappy roads.  Thumbs up county decision makers!



ANYWAY, today is the first linkup in Momfessionals' Show and Tell Tuesdays and I'm really excited.  I love Andrea's blog and her kids are so stinking cute.  She doesn't know who I am, but I feel like we could be friends IRL.  I actually had a dream that I met her and our kids played.  That's not weird or creepy at all, right?  Right?!?!

So today's topic is "Resolutions and Goals for 2015".  I think I said on my FB page that I don't like to make resolutions.  It's too final and daunting.  How can I "resolve" to do something for 365 straight days without knowing what those days will hold?  Nope.  So I like to set goals instead.  I set small, vague and open to interpretation goals ;)

I actually started writing down some things I want to do or work towards in 2015 a couple months ago.  I used a page in my Erin Condren Life Planner and just started making a list of wants and wishes for the new year.  Here they are in no particular order :)

  • Continue on my weight-loss/getting healthy journey.  I didn't do too bad over the holidays, which gives me hope for "maintenance" next year since I didn't really track my eating, but I didn't go crazy either.  In 2015, I want to start incorporating strength training as well as upping my cardio (walking at work isn't going to cut it anymore, although I think I'll still do that too).

  • Start planning (and saving for) a trip to Disney.  We want to wait until the girls are old enough to really get something out of the trip.  Emily would, I'm sure, but Caroline wouldn't remember it and she would probably poop out after a couple hours walking around.  And I figure if we start planning now for a trip in, say, 3 or 4 years, we should be able to save enough to pull out all the stops!

  • Yardwork & Exterior Home Improvements.  Yay hey! Not.  But there are some things I really want to do around the outside of our home (while still chipping away at the inside), like tearing out ALL of the bushes in the front yard and most of the ones in back.  They are just overgrown and unmanageable and I think if they are gone the house will look bigger :)  We are going to look into painting the exterior of the house too.  One side of the house gets full direct sunlight and the color has faded about a zillion shades lighter than the front of the house.  Ew.  And Jerry (my lovely live-in electrician) will be adding some new electrical outlets so that we can "go all out" with Christmas decorations this year.  Apparently, Emily thought lights across the front roof line and a non-lighted wreath weren't festive enough...

  • Take more photos and update Shutterfly often.  We like to make a photo book of the whole year and it would be nice to not have to scramble around for pictures of the beginning of the year in November...

  • This is kind of a sub-goal under the previous one, but I want to post more pictures on Instagram and here on the blog as well.  I just need to DO it!

  • Take both girls camping for Labor Day weekend.  Before we had kids we used to go for Memorial Day and Labor Day (or we did for a couple years) but with little ones my worry-wart tendencies wouldn't let me go.  Jerry took Emily last year and they had a blast.  I think Caroline might be ready this year.  She's finally walking, so that's a plus.

  • Go to the beach!  We live pretty close to Ocean City, MD (I grew up living a lot closer) and used to go ALL the time.  Jerry actually used to live there.  But since having the girls, we haven't been.  It's a travesty that Caroline has never put her piggies in the Atlantic... Emily has, but it was a very quick and we didn't have bathing suits on or anything.  As much as I loathe sand and having it in...places.  I really think it will be fun to take them for a long weekend, stay in a hotel down there, and go to the beach every day and eat boardwalk food.  Honestly, the last part is what I'm really looking forward to.  Boardwalk fries, greasy pizza and yummy dreamsicle icecream.

So that's it.  If you made it through all of that...sorry you'll never get that time back, but at least you know what I'll be doing in 2015!!



And because my mom said I have to have at least one picture of my kids in each blog post: 


Caroline took this selfie (and about 47 pictures of the ceiling) while we were waiting to be seen at her doctor visit.  She's happy and healthy and 32.5 lbs of awesome.  Emily was there too, but I didn't get a picture because she was under the table playing Barbie fashion designer on her tablet :)


What are your goals and/or resolutions for 2015?  

What are you looking forward to this year??





No comments:

Post a Comment