I'm linking up with Kenzie at Chasing Happy for Day 27 of the Thankful Project.
Today's prompt is: a simple pleasure.
We are pretty simple people. Most of our "pleasures" are simple. I am fortunate enough to have a life full of simple pleasures so I'm going to list a (very) few of the ones I can think of right now:
- Taking a nap with Emily in my bed -- rare nowadays because she's kind of getting out of the nap stage (big sad face).
- Hearing Emily say "cank you, cank you, cank you!" with a big smile and hug for us when we tell her she can watch one more show before bed.
- The satisfaction of hearing Caroline giggle (somehow Jerry is better at getting a laugh out of her so it's extra special for me when I can make it happen).
- Federal holidays that aren't daycare holidays so Jerry and I can squeeze in a day date :)
- Catching all of Caroline's spit up on the bib/burp cloth so I don't have to change her clothes...again.
- Going to Target by myself.
- Thinking Emily is being so quiet because she's just sitting in her room watching TV and then peeking in to see that she's actually building a castle out of blocks.
- Remembering that I have clothes in the washer BEFORE getting into bed at night.
- Getting the kids in bed and asleep early enough to watch a show or movie with Jerry - so very, very rare.
- And finding a great Pinterest quote for any occasion:
I can't believe there's only one day left of the Thankful Project! Hope I can come up with something good to write about once I'm not doing this challenge anymore...