Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The Thankful Project - Day 27



I'm linking up with Kenzie at Chasing Happy for Day 27 of the Thankful Project.
Today's prompt is: a simple pleasure.

We are pretty simple people.  Most of our "pleasures" are simple.  I am fortunate enough to have a life full of simple pleasures so I'm going to list a (very) few of the ones I can think of right now:

- Taking a nap with Emily in my bed -- rare nowadays because she's kind of getting out of the nap stage (big sad face).

- Hearing Emily say "cank you, cank you, cank you!" with a big smile and hug for us when we tell her she can watch one more show before bed.

- The satisfaction of hearing Caroline giggle (somehow Jerry is better at getting a laugh out of her so it's extra special for me when I can make it happen).

- Federal holidays that aren't daycare holidays so Jerry and I can squeeze in a day date :)

- Catching all of Caroline's spit up on the bib/burp cloth so I don't have to change her clothes...again.

- Going to Target by myself.

- Thinking Emily is being so quiet because she's just sitting in her room watching TV and then peeking in to see that she's actually building a castle out of blocks.

- Remembering that I have clothes in the washer BEFORE getting into bed at night.

- Getting the kids in bed and asleep early enough to watch a show or movie with Jerry - so very, very rare.

- And finding a great Pinterest quote for any occasion:

{Source}


I can't believe there's only one day left of the Thankful Project!  Hope I can come up with something good to write about once I'm not doing this challenge anymore... 






No comments:

Post a Comment