Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The Thankful Project - Day 26


I'm linking up with Kenzie at Chasing Happy for Day 26 of the Thankful Project.
Today's prompt is: criticism you've recieved.

Oh man, this is so hard.  I'm so perfect I just can't think of anything that anyone's ever criticized me for.  NOT.

I've been told I talk too much.  
I've been told I plan too much -- I'm too controlling.
I've been told I'm too strict with my kids -- I've been told I'm to soft on my kids.
(both of these came from Jerry)
I've been told many, many times that I'm uptight (not outta sight).

...

So there are always criticisms that I am be thankful for because they made me see that I was actually doing something that could cause a problem or hurt someone I care about.  

I'm really just thankful that I have such awesome family and friends that will tell me when I'm being an asshole so that I can stop it and make things right.  I'm also thankful that I am usually able to let unjustified criticism roll off my back and not make me crazy(ier).  

The older I get, the more I realize that no matter what you do, good or bad, someone will have something to say about it -- all you can do is listen, learn, and then get over it.


{Source}


No comments:

Post a Comment