Monday, November 25, 2013

The Thankful Project - Day 24

Whoops - got a little out of order.  I did today's post before yesterday's...


I'm linking up with Kenzie at Chasing Happy for Day 24 of the Thankful Project
Today's prompt is: a physical trait you have.

You would think this would be hard because anything I say for this prompt would sound vain.  But for me it's actually pretty easy (I guess because there's not a whole lot about the way I look that I like).  

It doesn't matter how much weight I gain or lose, what light I'm in or what color I'm wearing, my smile stays the same.  Sure my teeth aren't as white and straight as they once were (guess I should have taken that retainer a little more seriously), but I have been told that I have a great smile.  Whenever I look at a picture of myself, once I get past the fact that there must be 5 extra cameras on me...


...I look at my smile and think, it's not so bad. 


Take this picture for example.  



It's already on my FB so I guess it doesn't matter if I share it here.  This is from Christmas of last year.  I was in the first trimester of pregnancy with Caroline, had no makeup on, and Emily decided I needed this red ribbon in my hair.  I'm not even confident I had brushed my teeth before this photo was taken.  But I like my smile.  It makes the rest of the hot mess of a picture not so bad.  At least I think so.  (Feel free to NOT leave comments on how bad this photo is.)

No comments:

Post a Comment