Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Weigh-In Wednesday & other things...

Well, it's a sad day.  After weeks of little losses (and/or at least holding steady), I've gained.  And kind of a lot.  The number on the scale was 187.8.  Last week it was a flat 186.  So almost two pounds in a week.  Now, I could totally lie to myself and say that it's because I've been going to the gym a few times a week and I'm putting on muscle, and I could probably get away with that lie on the Internet.  But in reality, it's just not true.  I have been going to the gym, but my heart hasn't been in it and I end up leaving after a quick 30 minute cardio and basically nothing else.  Somewhere along the line I've lost my momentum and motivation and I desperately need to get them both back.  

Yesterday it was 70 degrees and although I absolutely reveled in the sun and little bit of warmth (it was also really windy, so kind of deceiving), I was reminded that with warmer weather comes fewer layers -- those security blankets of denim & wool -- to hide the jiggle & wiggle.  I was reminded of my goal to wear shorts, and an actual bathing suit, and maybe even a cute tank top or two.  And I was slapped with the reality that although I've come a long way (baby), I'm still not where I need and want to be.  

SOOOOOO

This week there is going to be a conscious effort... to actually log everything I eat (not log the good stuff and pretend I didn't just eat that Reese's cup) and really pay attention to the way I feel when I eat well and exercise.  I actually love my little trips to the gym, but I need to find ways to make them more productive.  30 minutes on the treadmill is all well and good, but it's not enough.  

Source


Any and all encouragement is welcome and appreciated.  



And while I don't generally like to post pictures of myself, I do want to show you all a couple of the headshots my cousin Hope took this weekend for my business website & marketing material: 





Check out Hope's photography business website HERE.


And also....

Look at this happy girl! -- and how big she is :*(

It's all fun & games until Mom says it's time to go inside #youdthinkiwaskillingthem  #whyisemilysotan


So happy Wednesday.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment