Tuesday, April 1, 2014

I Wish I Could Cook...

I'm linking up today with Karissa at A Fresh Start on a Budget for her "blog every day in April" challenge.  Today's prompt was a talent you wish you had but don't.




I can cook.  I physically know how to boil noodles and fry an egg and bake chicken breasts. I can follow a recipe.  I have a very small arsenal of things I can make for dinner that aren't just popping something in the microwave.  But I struggle when it comes to trying new recipes or just creating something on my own.  I say that I hate to cook, but I think it's just that I feel like I don't have enough time or energy to really get creative in the kitchen.  

{Source}


Some people (like my sister) have a talent for making a great dinner out of whatever food they have on hand.  I wish I could do that.  I wish I could just whip up an amazing meal from the ingredients in my kitchen -- but I don't think strawberries, mayo, and tomato sauce go together...

{Source}

I get sick of having the same stuff over and over again -- frozen lasagna, tacos, chicken and rice -- and I'm sure Jerry gets sick of having to cook them...........  I feel like it should be easier to put a delicious (or at least edible) meal together, but for me it's hard. 



Should any of my readers (hahaha) have a great recipe to share -- it has to be easy, quick prep & cook time, and with only a few ingredients -- please do!!




3 comments:

  1. Haha! I think you should get Jerry a cookbook! Problem solved. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you linked up with my April challenge. I'm the same way about cooking. I can make about 3 or 4 things that I rotate and we have often but I have no real ability or talent for anything further.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Lynsey - if Jerry is going to cook, then put him in charge of it! YOU can take out the trash and mow the yard LOL (hey, sounds fair to me!)

    As for dinner ideas, how about
    - Homemade pizza
    - Baked salmon with rice and veggies (I admit, I use the Green Giant frozen microwaveable vegetables sometimes)
    - Chicken alfredo
    - Spaghetti (make it meatless with cubed zuccini and squash)

    It's hard for me to give suggestions because I love to cook and I am like your sister and can throw a meal together and it'll come out great. I like the more complicated recipes too, although those aren't made often due to lack of time.

    ReplyDelete