Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Food and... A Challenge

Don't worry, just like I'm not turning into a weight-loss blogger, I am likewise NOT turning into a food blogger.  I suck at cooking -- I would like to be better, but I have no imagination and get frustrated and bored in the kitchen very easily. Lately, I have been really stuck in a rut with figuring out what to make for dinner.  

{Source}

I sat down on Pinterest to look for some new recipes (with the requirements being: quick, easy, cheap, and family--Emily--friendly).  I opened a Google document and decided to challenge myself to find 3 new breakfast recipes, 5 new lunch recipes, and 10 new dinner recipes.  I don't know why.  But then I decided it would be a good idea if I actually TRIED the recipes I found and pinned.  

Therefore, my challenge for May will be to try AT LEAST 1 new breakfast recipe (we usually only make breakfast on weekends), 2 new lunch recipes (either on weekends or made before hand and take to work), and at least 5 new dinner recipes.  And then, somehow, I want to share the results and my reviews of the different recipes with you.  It might also be fun to turn this into a monthly link-up but I am still trying to figure out how I would do that (suggestions welcome!).

So, here are the recipes I found that I would like to try.  Some I already know I'm going to tweak and/or take short cuts on because, friends, I like things to be E-A-S-Y.  All of the main recipes (and more!) can be found on my "Meal Planning" Pinterest Board, but I have also linked each one below -- you're welcome :)


{Source}
Breakfast:




{Source}
Lunch: 
2. Egg Salad & Spinach Sandwich


{Source}
Dinner:
2. Slow-Cooker Pot Roast & Mashed Potatoes
8. Bacon & Spinach Quiche (I would be adding the bacon to this recipe)
9. Fall off the Bone BBQ Ribs w/ Bacon Ranch Potato Salad*
*This is something Jerry's step-mom makes so I will have to get the recipe from her and see if it's ok to share on here.  From what I understand though, it's a pretty simple (but OHHH so delicious) recipe.

I honestly cannot wait to try those pulled pork sandwiches... and the blueberry cream cheese french toast casserole?  Well, I never did say that any of these recipes were "skinny" or healthy.  But for a once in a while deal?  Yes, please.

Hopefully, by the time May is over, I will have risen to my self-imposed challenge and tried some of these recipes; at which time, I hope to have a couple "review" posts for you.  


And... now I'm hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment