Monday, November 18, 2013

The Thankful Project - Day 16



I'm linking up with Kenzie at Chasing Happy for Day 16 of the Thankful Project.  
Today's prompt is: something you own.

This one was so easy for me.  I don't own a lot.  Just this month, we finally paid off my busted old 2004 Jeep Cherokee.  

2009 Camping Trip

I bought it in 2007 and thought I had gotten a 5-year loan.  Well around this time last year I got a letter saying that a booklet with my last 12 payment coupons would be on its way soon.  Crap.  Well there went my plans for saving $330 a month...

But anyway, now I am the proud owner of a 9-year-old Jeep with a busted tail light, an iffy transmission and a steely on the back passenger wheel because I don't have the time or money to replace the flat tire I got a month ago.  There are half a dozen other things wrong with it, but it gets me back and forth to work and Target, so I can't complain too much.  

One day I hope to have a nice new vehicle -- I like to shoot death glares at anyone driving a new Honda Odyssey because I want one so bad.  But for right now, it's nice to not have that payment -- even though paying for a second kid in daycare pretty much off set that savings and then some...

So thanks, crappy Jeep.  Thank you for not dying the minute you were paid off.  And I'll thank you to stay alive until I can replace you... at which time Jerry will "give you a 6 inch [or whatever] lift and super swamper tires". 

No comments:

Post a Comment