Friday, November 15, 2013

The Thankful Project - Day 15


Today I'm linking up with Kenzie at Chasing Happy for Day 15 of the Thankful Project.
Today's prompt is: an annoyance.

Wow.  So very many things annoy me.  By definition, an annoyance should be a bad thing, so how could I possibly be thankful for any of the million things that get on my nerves?
  
Bugs annoy me.  I'm definitely not thankful for bugs (sorry bugs).  Just about every other car on the road annoys me -- super really not thankful for idiot drivers.  When people spell things wrong (not because it was a mistake, but because they are too lazy to spell the word correctly or look it up if they don't know how); yeah that drives me nuts.  But why would I be thankful for that?

So I thought about it.  And I thought about it the other way - what are the things that I'm thankful for that also annoy the crap out of me?
LIGHT. BULB.

On Day 1, I talked about how thankful I am for my husband, my best friend.  I love him more than he will ever know.  But the man drives me NUTS.

He takes forever to do a task and forgets halfway through what he was about to do.  We get in the car and can't drive away until he's got Pandora on the right station and the right volume and the phone is put in the cup holder just so.  I'll clean the sink out in the morning and put the dishes in the dishwasher and come home and there's Tupperware and dishes in the sink (I've since nagged him about this and he said now he's just doing it to get on my nerves).  He makes inhuman noises to get food out of his teeth, and leaves those flosser/toothpick things in random places.

There are so many more things on the list.  And I guarantee that his list of annoying crap I do is just as long -- probably longer.

{Source}

 You know what?  That's fine.  That's great.  We aren't perfect.  We all have our little things.  But all of those "little things", those quirks, foibles and so-called faults -- those are what make a person.  And the ones that make up Jerry -- however annoying in the moment -- are the things I would miss if he ever left me for all the annoying things that make up me...


{Source}

No comments:

Post a Comment