1. Being Sick Sucks. Oh, you knew that? Yeah. Well it does. Especially when you have kids. Luckily, my body decided to wait until AFTER Jerry got home from his business trip so that he could at least take care of the girls all day Sunday and most of the day Monday. The worst part was not being able to hold them or even come near them. I swear Caroline looked bigger Monday after not seeing her at all the day before (I literally got out of bed only to pee and get more water from the kitchen). And Tom Hanks didn't bring me any flowers... :*(
2. That Yard Sale. Yard sales always sound like such a great idea. But then you have to gather all your crap, price the crap, then drag all that crap outside and make it look somewhat appealing to anyone that might be in the market for crap. We had a community yard sale Saturday, so I paid $10 (benefiting the "Kids Club" I'm still waiting for an email with more info about - Hello! I have kids, I want to be part of your cluuuuuuuub!) and they did all the advertising & promoting for me. So after we got done pricing everything around midnight, we thought it was time to go to sleep - but wait! Right when we were about to lay down, Emily decides it's time to start puking and having coughing fits for the next four hours. So we all finally got to sleep around 4:30, and then my alarm went off at 6:45 to start setting up. I thought Jerry was going to kill me dead when I asked him to set up the table outside. But we managed to get everything outside and then I was panicked because it didn't look like anyone was going to show up. People started driving by and slowing down to look at what we had (I kind of felt like I was working a street corner and I should shout something lewd about my wares...) and then finally people started to stop and come buy stuff. We did ok. We made a little bit of cash and got rid of a bunch of crap. I really like the idea of a yard sale, I just don't know if I'll ever have the energy to do one again. If you're gearing up for a Fall yard sale, or starting to gather some crap for a spring one, check out this blog post by Samantha from Simply Organized. She is an amazingly put-together person and I loved all of her tips & tricks for having a great, organized (& profitable) garage sale!
3. Henry/Bobby. Guys. The kid who plays Henry on Once Upon a Time is also one of the kids who plays Bobby Draper on Mad Men. My mind was blown a little when I saw him on the MM episode I just watched. He's cute but kind of annoying. Speaking of Once, we need to get on the stick and finish watching the rest of Season 2. Season 3 premieres on SUNDAY!
4. I just remembered I hate coffee. And also, Wawa's version of Pumpkin Spice is disgusting. I thought a bit of hot coffee would make my throat feel good. Nope. Throat still hurts and my tastebuds are offended.
|The little cup makes my hand look huge.|
5. This Weather! I wish it would be like this year round. It is beautiful outside and I don't start sweating the minute I step out the door - so that's good. I just want to go pick pumpkins or something.
6. I need new clothes. And shoes. And a new purse. I feel like everything in my closet has been there since I was in college. I know I'm not where I want to be weight-wise, but I really think I would feel better about myself if I found a more flattering pair of jeans or just a damn pair of boots or something. I'm in need of a girl date to the mall, super cereal you guys.
7. iPhone Dump. Yesterday, Jerry took my phone and finally dumped all the pictures onto our "cloud" computer. But I still haven't deleted them all yet. I don't have enough room to upgrade to iOS 7 because I have 1100 photos & videos on that thing. Yeah, that's basically every photo I've taken since I got the thing in February 2012. It MIGHT be time to delete some...
|This is the first picture I took with my iPhone (and it's still in there), right around Valentine's Day, 2012. |
Emily was 19 months old.
8. My Hair is Long. And I can't decide if I want to get it cut again or just let it grow. It really doesn't matter either way since all I ever do is blow it dry. It takes maybe 2 minutes less time when it's shorter. Eh. Maybe I'll see how this long hair looks with some of the new clothes I'm going to buy...someday.
9. Halloween! I don't especially love Halloween, but when you have kids it can be kinda fun. Emily loved trick-or-treating last year, and I know she's going to love it even more this year. I picked up a Belle costume for $6 from Once Upon a Child, and she's really excited about it. I'm really just looking forward to pulling out all the chocolate from her bag and then letting her have two or three pieces of the reject candy (you know, once I've checked it for poison) like lollipops and tootsie rolls. The costume looks kinda like this:
10. Why do today what you can put off til next week? Well I said I was going to start this Monday morning getting up at 5am to walk/jog around the neighborhood. But then Saturday night/Sunday morning I was on my face with this nasty virus and didn't feel better Monday. So, since you can't start any diet or exercise regimen on a day other than Monday, it will be waiting for me next week. Hopefully there won't be another reason not to do it.
So there you have it! Happy TuesdayWednesday!