Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Weigh-In Wednesday - This Thing We Call Plateau

Surprisingly, the number on the scale was 186.6.  Better than I thought it would be.  Last week it was 187.8, so I actually lost a pound.  I know I have been seriously slacking lately, but life has gotten in the way of my fitness journey.  I'm still very invested in getting fit & healthy (and losing some LBs on the way) but the motivation factor has been lacking.  I've been letting myself slip, but I am determined not to backslide.

I'm giving myself some slack and trying not to get down about this little plateau time.  It's what happens, and it's not like I'm baffled by why I'm not losing as much weight as I want to and not seeing results in the way my body looks.  I KNOW I have been snacking too much.  I KNOW I've been either skipping the gym or going in and doing 30 minutes of cardio and calling it good.  I'm less frustrated because I  know what I'm doing and I know I'm in control of it.  

I'm trying to take it one day at a time and just work as hard as I can on staying within calories (yesterday I had two slices of pizza & pretzel M&Ms for lunch, but then I did Aqua Fit & some cardio at the gym and actually had calories left over!) and just making sure I get to the gym AND get the most out of each workout session.  Weight-training is what I really need to focus on in order to trim down and get the shape I want (less rotund..)  SO that's the plan.  Easter candy has it's own plan...

I love an infographic -- I found this one on Pinterest & thought I'd share if anyone else needs to get back to basics and is a visual learner :)

SOURCE




No comments:

Post a Comment