Monday, January 12, 2015

Weekend Update - Consignment Woes, New Friend Fun & Epic Laziness

Let's see... what did we do this weekend? Not much -- and it was glorious.

Friday night Jerry went to a Chive fundraising event.  The girls and I ate pizza and watched TV.  SOOO glamorous!

Caroline knows how to party.  PS like my new rug?? ;)

Saturday, Emily and I got up and went to her first dance class of the new year.  She hasn't been since a couple weeks before Christmas and it was really hard to get back into the groove.  Her class is from 9:00 to 9:45 and we made it there at 9:15.  Mom fail.  Whatever.

After that, Emily and I went over to Once Upon a Child with two bins: one clothes (that I had washed and very neatly folded the night before -- after picking the best of the best to sell and donating the rest), and one toys.  I was disappointed when I returned to pick the bins up that they had only taken like two pieces of clothing, yet the bin was completely ransacked-looking.  The girl told me they weren't buying any clothes sized 0-18mos right now because they were so overstocked on those sizes.  Ugh.  So I'll have to fold them neatly, AGAIN, and try back in a couple months.

A little later, Emily and I met up with some neighbors that we met while trick or treating this year -- the lady's daughter was dressed as Princess Anna so naturally Emily had to go talk to her and then we ended up finishing out our trick or treat route with them :)  The girls played, then we had a yummy Chick-Fil-A lunch, then the girls played some more, then we had frozen yogurt.  The girls did NOT want to leave each other, which was very cute.  

Playing a game together in the little family lounge area at the mall.  So sweet!

The rest of the weekend was spent watching play-off games (GO PACK!) and basically moving from our beds or the couch as little as possible (like only when we were hungry).  

Mmm Lasagna tho

Sunday afternoon, I went to a memorial service for Jerry's stepmom's mother.  It was a beautiful service.  I had only met her mom a few times, but the way her family and friends talked about her, I know she was someone very special.  I hope the family now has some closure and I'm glad I was able to be there to support them.  


One notable thing that happened this weekend: Caroline learned how to climb up on the couch by herself.  This is her right before she pulled herself all the way up and sat there with the proudest look on her face -- and then proceeded to jump on the couch... gee, I wonder where she learned that?!

"EERRRRRGGGGHHHHH I will get on this couch!!"
I love how she was looking at me with that determined face, and not asking for help.
So big girl #uglycrying


So what did you all do this weekend?  
Anything fun?  

Are you a Cowboys fan?  Sorryyyyyy.....

(Stolen from a friend's FB feed - don't know the original source)

No comments:

Post a Comment