Friday, December 13, 2013

Five on Friday - 12.13.13



Linking up with Darci & friends for Five on Friday.

Five things that are awesome...

-ONE-
Last night I got to eat Pop Tarts and salt & vinegar chips for dinner.  I say "got to" because I wouldn't have been able to eat that crap if Jerry and Emily weren't downstairs playing.  I went to the grocery store after work, Jerry picked up the girls and by the time I got home he had Caroline fed and Emily watching Jake & the Neverland Pirates.  Rounded out my mom fail evening with a Lunchables dinner for Emily and having to walk out of the bathroom and make Jerry finish Emily's bath because she was being a complete shit.  I forget where I was going with this...

{Squirrel!}


-TWO-
Jerry's cousin, Emily Lupita.   She is awesome.  And very talented.  She designs jewelry and greeting cards, does watercolor painting, and creates all sorts of amazing things...like this book:


Visit Emily's Etsy shop here and check out her stuff; you'll be glad you did!  
FYI I'm not getting paid for writing this.  I love her artwork and asked her if I could mention it on my blog.  ...she said yes ;)


-THREE-
Tonight we are going to see our niece in her church Christmas play.  It's called something like "A Charlie Brown Christmas with a Twist".  
She's playing Sally Brown, who I totally had to Google (I never watched much CB as a kid.. all I know is Snoopy laid ontop of his doghouse, Woodstock is some kind of bird, and Linus carried around a blanket and maybe there was a piano?).  In any case, it's going to be awesome.   I just hope Emily and Caroline behave. I can kinda see Emily wanting to go up on stage with "her Lana"...

{Source}


-FOUR-
There are 12 days until Christmas!  I'm really excited this year and I'm not sure why.  I think it must be that Emily is getting to be a really fun age for Christmas festivities.  And I just decided that we're skipping the homemade gingerbread house and trying this awesomeness: 

{Source}

Not sure why, but last year I insisted we use my mom's old Pampered Chef gingerbread house baking molds; I made the gingerbread dough and icing from scratch and it literally fell apart the second after I took a picture of it.

AHH she's so little! (and also apparently playing the thumb drinking game)


-FIVE-
It's Friday.  That's all the awesome I need. 

{Source}



AND I just realized that there are two pictures of Emily in this post and none of Caroline.  I have a newfound appreciation for my mom and how hard she had (and still has) to work to keep everything equal and fair for both of us.  I can just hear Caroline in 10 years looking at his blog post (because that's going to happen) and going "MOOOMMM! How come Emily has two pictures on here and I don't have any?!"  I'm the younger daughter and I've given my mom a hard time once or twice (!) about Sara having two photo albums dedicated to her and poor Amanda having 0.  But I take it all back.  Sorry Mom.  And here you go, Caroline:


(I didn't say anything about it not being embarrassing...)


HAPPY FRIDAY, FRIENDS!!!!

1 comment: